Ragvalds Museum was originally a traditional farmstead located by the old King’s Road. The 12 buildings that constitute the farm are still in the original place of construction on both sides of the road. The last private owner was Bertil Malmström (1900-1982). Following his death, the farm was turned into a museum run by Kirkkonummi municipality.
The main dwelling shows how Bertil Malmström lived – the chamber, the kitchen and the hall all retain their original furnishings.
Next to the main building, the farm-hand’s cottage is used for children’s activities. An educational garden with over 50 different plant species has been established in the museum grounds. The museum favours traditional agricultural crops and other useful plants of a traditional nature to be cultivated in the grounds.
The so called “Villa Elias” is home to an exhibition focusing on the time of the Porkkala lease period 1944-1956, at which time large parts of Kirkkonummi belonged to the Soviet naval base. Here you can see, amongst other things, the photograph collection “96 Russian items” by Jan Kailas.
Address: Överbyntie 140, Kirkkonummi
Opening Hours: The main building and the exhibition on the Porkkala area are open summer Saturdays 11.00 – 15.00 (Except Midsummer). Other times by arrangement.
Enquiries: +358- (0)40-865 2034
Entrance Fee: Adults 2 €