Forngården Museum, which opened in 1958, gives visitors a feel of life on a farm in the archipelago in the mid-19th century. The museum consists of a main building, the oldest parts of which are from the 18th century, a storage building, two sheds, a storage building for fishing equipment, an outhouse, a barn and a smithy. The buildings have all been moved to the museum from their original locations. The smithy, which was acquired by Snappertuna Farmers Society and inaugurated in 1998, is the latest addition to the museum.
A beautiful forest path, the ”love path”, leads from the museum to Raseborg Castle.
Address: Tunalundintie 85, Snappertuna
Opening Hours: 14.6 – 28.8.2016 Tue – Sun 11.00 – 16.00. Groups by arrangement.
Enquiries: +358-(0)19-289 2500
Entrance Fee: Adults 2 €, others free