Suomen Pankin rahamuseo -- _DSC2434.jpg

#
The Bank of Finland was founded in 1811, with the commencement of the operations of Waihetus-, Laina- ja Depositioni-Contori in Turku. The strongbox in the glass cabinet was manufactured by master metal craftsman Carl Frederic Wulff in 1818. Tradition has it that the central bank’s entire cash assets fit into this box when the bank’s operations were moved to Helsinki the following year.
Photo: Sakari Kiuru