Pornainen Museum was founded 75 years ago. An empty old bell tower was deemed a suitable location for the museum, and an exhibition was put up there. Completed in 1834, the bell tower was destroyed on 10 January 1993 by a fire that also burnt most of the artefacts in the museum. The archive material and some artefacts were saved, having been moved to the museum’s current location, an exhibition space upstairs of a service building owned by the parish.
Among other things, the museum’s collection includes a selection of brass instruments that is indicative of association activities in the area. In addition to items of cultural-historical value and dating from the agrarian era, the museum holds a significant number of ecclesiastical objects from the Pornainen parish.
Kirkkotie 138, 07170 Pornainen
+358 400 514 397
June-August Sun 11-15
Esittely kesäsunnuntaisin klo 11.15–15 Pornaisten kirkon esittelyn yhteydessä.